Welcome to HokiesWrite.com, an online resource for instructors, students, and others who share an interest in Virginia Tech’s University Writing Program. The program’s leadership team, in consultation with the University Writing Program Committee, program instructional faculty, and the Department of English, curate this site with the goal of giving visibility and circulation to the best of what the program has to offer. Each year, the University Writing Program provides instruction, guidance, and support to nearly 6,000 Hokies in 300 sections of ENGL1105 and ENGL1106, a foundational two-course sequence designed to orient one and all to effective writing practices in and beyond the university.
- May-June 2022 Announcements
- April 2022 Announcements
- March 2022 Announcements
- UWP Spring Colloquium – April 1 – Dr. Rachel Gramer
- The Scholar Summit at UVA
Initiatives and Points of Pride
- Antiracist Teaching Resources
- University Writing Program Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
- University Writing Program Educational Technologies for Writing Instruction Statement
- Distinguished Student Writing
- 2022 Outstanding Teaching Portfolios
- Inaugural University Writing Program (UWP) Doctoral Fellowship
We’re continuously updating HokiesWrite.com with materials we think will be helpful and informative for instructors, students, staff and administrators, alumni, and colleagues at other universities. Our updates aspire to be responsive to you, so if there is something you would like to see added or a particular question you have that is not addressed here–yet!–we hope you’ll consider reaching out via email to writing -AT- vt.edu. New entries on the site are also relayed to the HokiesWrite Twitter account, which you can find and follow at @hokieswrite.