Welcome to HokiesWrite.com, an online resource for instructors, students, and others who share an interest in Virginia Tech’s University Writing Program. The program’s leadership team, in consultation with the University Writing Program Committee, program instructional faculty, and the Department of English, curate this site with the goal of giving visibility and circulation to the best of what the program has to offer. Each year, the University Writing Program provides instruction, guidance, and support to nearly 7,200 Hokies in 360 sections of ENGL1105 and ENGL1106, a foundational two-course sequence designed to orient one and all to effective writing practices in and beyond the university.
- November 2022 Announcements
- October 2022 Announcements
- September 2022 Announcements
- August 2022 Announcements
- July 2022 Announcements
Initiatives and Points of Pride
- Antiracist Teaching Resources
- University Writing Program Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
- University Writing Program Educational Technologies for Writing Instruction Statement
- Distinguished Student Writing
- 2022 Outstanding Teaching Portfolios
- University Writing Program (UWP) Doctoral Fellowship
We’re continuously updating HokiesWrite.com with materials we think will be helpful and informative for instructors, students, staff and administrators, alumni, and colleagues at other universities. Our updates aspire to be responsive to you, so if there is something you would like to see added or a particular question you have that is not addressed here–yet!–we hope you’ll consider reaching out via email to writing -AT- vt.edu.