HokiesWrite.com is an online hub for announcements, resource sharing, and discussion related to the Virginia Tech Composition Program. Although the site is in its early stages, its development and curation are among the program’s major goals for the 2018-2019 academic year.
For now, the site is being developed with program instructional staff in mind, primarily, though the materials we have planned are considering, as well, the interests of other stakeholders, such as students, university administrators, and the general public, within and beyond the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Throughout Spring and Summer 2019, we will be adding
- an at-a-glance semester calendar of meetings, presentations and events
- a searchable gallery for the circulation and curation of exemplary teaching documents
- recommended sets of articles, or thematic clusters, for adoption in sections of ENGL1106
- an annotated guide to the program’s updated outcomes
- visual curriculum maps articulating the general sequences within ENGL1105 and ENGL1106
We’ve launched the site with an understanding that its purposes will almost certainly expand and gain refinement over time. It is with this in mind that we invite your input; we would be grateful to learn about your impressions, to take into account ideas you have for what else this site could offer, and to thread your feedback into the site’s emerging shape. Please share your ideas with us at email@example.com.