Welcome to HokiesWrite.com, an online resource for instructors, students, and others who share an interest in the Virginia Tech Composition Program. The program’s leadership team, in consultation with the Composition Committee, program instructional faculty, and the Department of English, curate this site with the goal of giving visibility and circulation to the best of what the program has to offer. Each year, the Composition Program provides instruction, guidance, and support to nearly 6,000 Hokies in 300 sections of ENGL1105 and ENGL1106, a foundational two-course sequence designed to orient one and all to effective writing practices in and beyond the university.
- Eleven from Virginia Tech to Present at the 71st Annual CCCC
- April 2021 Announcements
- March 2021 Announcements
- February 2021 Announcements
- CCCC 2021 – Teacher to Teacher CFP
2021 Initiatives and Points of Pride
- Antiracist Teaching Resources
- Composition Program Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
- Composition Program Educational Technologies for Writing Instruction Statement
- Distinguished Student Writing
- 2021 Outstanding Teaching Portfolios
We’re continuously updating HokiesWrite.com with materials we think will be helpful and informative for instructors, students, staff and administrators, alumni, and colleagues at other universities. Our updates aspire to be responsive to you, so if there is something you would like to see added or a particular question you have that is not addressed here–yet!–we hope you’ll consider reaching out via email to composition -AT- vt.edu. New entries on the site are also relayed to the HokiesWrite Twitter account, which you can find and follow at @hokieswrite.